New videos for you to critique.....

MMrozinski

I watched the first one. I'm not sure what to critique really. The story is kinda blah as you said. Nothing really stood out. There we graphics and phoners and wallpaper video. Don't use a short deadline as an excuse. You'll have those your entire career. I've seen some amazing work done in a couple hours. Remember, great stories have great sound, moments, and pictures. A great story has a clear beginning, middle, and end with all of the above placed precisely in the story. Work on getting those moments and sound.

Is your anchor sitting behind the the reporter on the set? That's really weird. I've never seen that before.

optic

Story not a high school report

To elaborate on what was said earlier you both need to work together (photog+reporter) to tell a, story,not just a report. That means collaboration for video to match the story. On the first one I had no idea why I was seeing the disconnected video until 18 secs in. What would have helped was finding a single place that connect your sots with the person like a football game, a memorial, or just someone actually morning in some way, in the report you say people are upset but the interview is just chillin on his couch. Any death is sad but if nothing is going on to commemorate the person why not just air a fullscreen, granted this is not totally your fault that the story sucks but maybe if you ask the reporter/ assignment desk to justify why it IS a story they can give you some better guidance on how to construct it.