New I Team needs a good undercover glasses camera

Amnesiac

Our I Team has been going for a couple of months now. One of the first things that we bought was a pair of undercover camera glasses. I bought them from B&H, made by KJB Security. The DVR290. They looked a lot like hipster glasses, but here in Portland that's not a big deal. We liked them because it was a self contained. No cord going to a dvr on my belt or anything. The manufacturer claimed they shoot 720p HD video, which turned out to be completely false. The video is grainy and has a soft focus. The first 2 times we used them, they worked fine. From then on we keep having problems. We get error messages when plugging them into computers and when we can actually access the video, it's corrupted. So long story short, they're total garbage, and we need to find a different kind.

Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone found any elsewhere that work well and shoot decent video? I appreciate any help you can give.

ps...our GM just ordered us the smiley face button cam off of Amazon. I can't wait to see how that works out.

newsshooter

Glasses I think would be tough to get shots of things because you have to have them pointed at the subject the entire time and it might be to strange on some shoots. I've had great results with hidden cameras in bags and purses. Check out law Mate America.
http://www.pimall.com/nais/cmdbu13lx.html Leads you to the button camera. I haven't had a problem and it records to a DVR. It's a 500 to 800 dollar purchase but it works and has audio. So far I'm pleased with their products and buying another soon.

Latin Lens

So our I-team unit has been using this Lawmate button cam...whichs great...decent picture and audio (find a good evergreen level cuz it can get overmodulated)...simple to use...easy to hide. The only problem is its a button cam so positioning needs to be thought out on the shirt and when using to capture. Its wide angle so it very forgiving but its something I had to practice so I could get the best video.

http://www.spygadgets.com/lawmate-cmd-bu13lx-high-resolution-button-cam/

The other good part of getting the Lawmate DVR for this system is the diversity of it because we also ordered some glasses that plug into it. The only problem with the glasses is its a standard def picture. Maybe they have a HD set of glasses but its been awhile since I've checked. There's a cord on the glasses so its best if females use them or you finagle some Croakies to hide the cord.

Overall...its worked well. Not the best but my station wasn't looking to spend a lot.

canuckcam

With cheap cameras, it's literally a plastic lens pasted onto the PCB of the CMOS sensor. I learned this when my dashcam went out of focus. I took it apart and the whole assembly basically fell out of the casing. So depending on how handy you or your engineering department is, you may be able to take the glasses apart and refocus the lens.