Need to attach wireless receiver...

cyndygreen1

...to my Panasonic HMC150. And it's gotta be a shoe mount solution. Used to use Velcro w/adhesive back in the day...but the 150 is so small there's no place to Velcro to.

I've looked at mounting plates w/shoes...but want to know if anyone has a source just for a shoe attachment I can permanently fix to my Lectosonics receiver. Much thanks in advance.

marstaton4

It is a little awkward and cumbersome but I use a bracket1 adapter. This lets you use a BEC box or two on it. I will say that I much prefer tripod shooting using this. Other people use a "Jimmy Box" which I have no first hand knowledge of but this may not throw off the balance as much.

Terry E. Toller

On my panasonic hmc40, I put a bellows lens shade. on the right side of the shade I glued a flat peice of plastic about two by two inches. I used velcro and mounted my receiver.

cyndygreen1

Terry...would like to see how that looks first. With me it is all about balance...which is why I am veering away from the "Jimmy Box," which mounts under the camera. I like my bottom flat so I can sit it on the ground or table or whatever to stabilize it. Also kinda like having the receiver up where I can see it (and keep an eye on the battery levels).

Necktie Boy

Cyndy,

I have seen a Lectro on a shoe mount at a local TV station, but I can't tell you where and how they did that.

I like the Jimmy box. Fits under your camera. Just get a right angle BNC or two. I usually use the battery for 8 hours, and replace. I really don't reuse a battery if I know it has been the the receiver longer than 4 hours.

I reuse the battery for the garage remote or any other item that takes a 9 volt.

Since I power the receiver via the camera, I only use up one battery. Actually, the transmitter uses more power than the receiver.

canuckcam

Just get a right angle BNC or two.
Keep in mind if the antenna's orientation is altered (eg. vertical to horizontal) then your transmitter antennas need to be as well for best reception. Won't matter much shooting indoors as RF bounces around but out in the open you'll get stronger RF for less dropouts and interference.

couryhouse

one of my palmcorders I use L bracket

one of my palmcorders I use L bracket

it has a show on it... but it also has the side area i can tape... zip tie or thick runner bad stuff to.....

...to my Panasonic HMC150. And it's gotta be a shoe mount solution. Used to use Velcro w/adhesive back in the day...but the 150 is so small there's no place to Velcro to.

I've looked at mounting plates w/shoes...but want to know if anyone has a source just for a shoe attachment I can permanently fix to my Lectosonics receiver. Much thanks in advance.

couryhouse

monster cam!

Yepper... looks like a few of my creations also.......and if you need another shoe B&H has a dual attatchment that makes one shoe with a y riser to give you 2!

is that a vhf wireless???? (huge telescoping antenna?)
consider one of the sunny ew 100 uhf series.... they are mount alot easier with the g3 out the g2s are cheaper used... amd I love mine and runs for ages on 2 aa's

This is what I did to my HV20...
http://cyndygreen.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/impressing-or-getting-it-done/pa060967/

Monster cam...but I think the same idea. Want the 150 to have a cleaner/more professional look.
thanks though...cyndy