my mysterious rendering problem solved.

TexasDave

Many of you may have read my previous threads about the problem I had rendering video. Here's a quick recap:

updated final cut software (should of waited until project was done - I know that now) and then my render files would constantly disappear. I unistalled FCP and loaded it up again. Then FCP wouldn't even open.

I gave up trying to solve the problem on my own and took it to a shop. Never a good sign when an engineer looks at it and says "Hmmm, never seen that before."

Never able to identify the problem, but he did remove everything and reinstalled the OS, followed by FCP.

Once returned to me, I updated all the software for FC studio, tried rendering, and it worked!

So should anyone ever encounter this problem - this is what fixed mine. Engineer believed some start up file disappeared for an unknown reason, so the reinstall of the entire OS fixed it. Also told that he's never encounted this problem.

So should this happen to you, maybe you can have a head start on solving the problem. He had the system for 3 full days and never could identify the problem of the rendering files disappearing, nor why the re-installed FCP wouldn't open. I was worried that the bill was going to be outrageous, since he had it for a full week. But he did the right thing and only charged $100 for a troubleshooting fee.

But thanks for all of those that offered advice. It shows how valuable this site is.

bluffton

Congrats on the new arrival. Fatherhood is great huh?! Yea, don't upgrade anything until your done with all projects, sorry you had to go through that. I had to learn that way too.

Again, congrats on JR.