LED light in A/B Ultralight

HokiePhotog

I believe focusthis found one that works GREAT... her was showing me a 3w 13 degree MR-16 spot that had a color temp around 3.4K... It performed shockingly similar to a 20w halogen... I believe he's going to try the 5w version which is supposed to be the equivalant of a 45w or 50w halogen... If it works, it's be great since our Sony DNW-9WS's only allow a max of 24w run through the camera...

focusthis, got any more info on that 5w?

focusthis

Ummmmm...... Haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

I agree that it's a little less bright than the 20w halogen. I'm nightside, so I really don't mind, dare I say notice, the difference. I do try and even out the exposure between fore&background with gain anyways. I do enjoy the frugality of the lamp when it's liveshot time, and all I can do is a toplight and dying battery!

/kinda pricey yet
//haven't found them in stores
///still FAR brighter than my producers!!

Necktie Boy

I picked one up at the local Home Depot....50 watts...I had the same problems at others, not bright enough. I swapped back in my BAB(20w), and it was way brighter than the 50w LED.....Not enough light....Returned it....
But I would like to find a LED that is as bright as a BAB

euhero987

Hello guys. Been lurking here for quite some time now. I want to ask you guys some question because this thread already exist so might as will post here to save some database on the website server.

Okay my question is I want to buy LED lights online and Im in a foreign country so TheLedLights.com would be nice but do they deliver to another country? anyone have some experience buying and delivering it your country if you know what I mean... Thanks guys. be back and wait for your answers :)

Nino

Hello guys. Been lurking here for quite some time now. I want to ask you guys some question because this thread already exist so might as will post here to save some database on the website server.

Okay my question is I want to buy LED lights online and Im in a foreign country so TheLedLights.com would be nice but do they deliver to another country? anyone have some experience buying and delivering it your country if you know what I mean... Thanks guys. be back and wait for your answers :)
As far as LED lights goes we are all in a foreign country, unless of course you live in China where 99% of LEDs are made.

A lot depends on your own country import regulations. If you look for generic brands or manufacturers start on Ebay they have tons of LED and they should also tell you if they can ship the lights directly to you.

Unless you live in Liechtenstein or San Marino I'm sure that in any sizable country there are importers of LED lights, you just have to find them. When it comes to marketing China is a very aggressive invader.

Quality LED Light Bulbs and Lamps

Energy efficient LED lighting is readily available in the US. The hard part will be selecting a quality LED light that is appropriate for your particular needs. I think many companies will ship overseas today however I would review the product specifications carefully including light output, warranty, wattage and price. Remember the lowest price bulb is not usually the best value. Review all factors together and speak to a professional. Visit Tri-State LED Lighting for a knowledgeable staff with vast expertise.