Have you ever been hired by a crew that has the same client that you have?

Starman

Okay, so I work for a few crew booking agencies.

One of these agencies, hires me for some Dallas shoots.

I get hired by a production company out of Houston for a shoot in Dallas, I look on the e-mail chain, and find out that they are booked by the same crew booking agency that I work for.

So, I am not making any money on light kit or camera rental, but I am getting a couple of tripod rentals and monitor rental on top of my camera operator labor rate.

Should I be concerned in any way, or just happy that I am working?

2 Hungry Dogs

Most crew booking agencies work with a lot of shooters. They usually do not allow you to sub-out the shoot without them knowing. So if you were "off their list" they would not let the other company put you on it.

Maybe this shoot is for a client the other company has worked with before. Maybe you are only one camera out of several. There could be other reasons. If you have a good relationship with the crewing agency then you could ask, but you could also be glad to have the work.

Cameradude

I've seen it happen several times in the past month; crew agency "shotgun calls" 3-5 of us in the same market, and we all know and work with each other, then we all start calling each other to see who is available. It's a 50/50 deal on who gets hired.

Don't be "concerned". It's the nature of the business model....