Have at it

Latin Lens

So initially I had a few assumptions on what I was going to get from this piece by the title alone...but after watching it, it didn't really live up it. Sure the Gov toured the aftermath...but where's his reaction? His sound talking to residents? That is what I thought it was going to be about. Sure you got some nice nats because the scene is/was busy and you captured that but it fell short because you didn't have the one thing you needed which is the central character to build around and the "story" from A to Z. So...storytell fell way short. Identify your story/direction and execute. You gave me a story anyone can get...give me something different. Don't be afraid to get in there and show me some emotion from not only your perspective but from the people's perspective. Politicians rarely make good characters for stories but regular people do...and I am sure there were some there dying to talking to him about what is happening next. Thats a better story than what you delivered. Good effort...but fell short.

PhotoHawk

I kinda took the easy way out because my boss was on my ass to finish so I could go shoot a vosot... After snapping at my boss that I needed more time grabbed the gov bites and the one from the mayor that I strictly remember was good. This was the result. It's so frustrating because we're more worried about filling our show than allowing us to take the time and tell a good story. I feel like I need to grip about this in another thread though! ha but again, thank you for your honesty!

Latin Lens

Jon...learn from this experience but your situation is what they call "nature of the beast". So try and formulate a better attack from the get-go...think about the possibilities and get what you need so when you are sitting in the edit bay...you'll have a good story and know where everything is and it'll get done faster so you can go get that vosot...but practice, practice, practice. Make the mistakes to reach the end goal that you'll achieve one day if you stay on course. You're doing fine...let's fine tune...let's find a better story in it and then you'll be there.