Harris' Newsforce ~ Velocity editing

detroitsprings

Ha Ha, that is all I can say.

We use the Velocity NX, and we are beta testing the Velocity XNG.

The NX crashes all the time. It also locks up the system and it still has bugs in the system.

As for the XNG, it is actually better, I think, it works well, it only crashed on me a few times.

As a FYI Harris now has a converter for FCP, so they work with the harris server, I would go that way.

I have never used that version of Avid, I have used many other Avids, and they all seem to work well.

If you have specific questions, PM me.

editor_dude

I work on the Velocity HD, a few quirks, but it has been a very stable platform. With that said the system worked better before the IT folks started adding in all there network stuff and McCaffe. I still like it and it is very easy to learn.

Last edited:

patssle

I work on the Velocity HD, a few quirks, but it has been a very stable platform.
I'll disagree. It was a MAJOR PITA. With HD-SDI capture it was pretty decent, but for the love of god HDV firewire capture has plagued it since the beginning. Nothing but problem after problem. I havn't used it in over a year, but I actually just spoke to a friend today who still uses it, and says it still has problems.

I've used Velocity, V-Q, and V-HD. The hardware capabilities are nice, but I dislike the software interface strongly.

editor_dude

haven't used the HDV firewire, we ingest SDI. I have a co-worker that constantly complains about problems, this doesn't work and so on. I sit down with his system and can't duplicate the problem.

patssle

haven't used the HDV firewire, we ingest SDI. I have a co-worker that constantly complains about problems, this doesn't work and so on. I sit down with his system and can't duplicate the problem.
You know...it might sounds crazy, but I have the same problem too in trying to duplicate crashes. Its like it has its own mind...it crashes when it feels like it and not on a particular situation. There were some that were constant, but most were random...