Great Still Shot From Obama Inaug.

canuckcam

Shows you how a little pre-planning goes a long way. Unfortunately, I usually don't know my stories until the day of, if I'm lucky. Usually it's two minutes before when the reporter comes up to me, "hey our story is...."

Foxwood

I just changed my computer background. What a great shot! What a great moment! Look at those kids. The smiles. The pink shoes on top of a box.

God Bless America.

(You'll never hear me say that again.)

hamcam

After all of the remote cams used in Olympic coverage... I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of before.

Tip of the hat to Chuck Kennedy for his creative thinking!

The Daywood

I've heard reports of people in DC showing up for bus rides to the mall at 3:30am and the bus ended up stopping at about 11:50 EST. The people piled out and rushed into a nearby restaurant to watch the speech. Their word was "organized chaos", but they didn't blame anyone...They said that it was understandable considering the amount of people...They were just happy to be in DC yesterday....

Horonto

I wonder what the actual crowd total was?
Not the inflated numbers we reporter.

The still shot from space surprised me I thought the mall would be fuller.

Latin Lens

That really is an awesome photo. Its probably going to be a lasting image in our history. Really great job.

photogguy

Judging by the shadows... It looks like that satellite image was taken early in the morning- before the place was really packed.
No, I think the shot was from the time of the oath. If you look at the podium where the oath is taken, it's full...and the VIPs didn't sit there until the oath.

The Daywood

No, I think the shot was from the time of the oath. If you look at the podium where the oath is taken, it's full...and the VIPs didn't sit there until the oath.
The Post has a similar shot from GeoEye, and the shadows are in the same place...They said it was taken about 11am EST, so about an hour before the actual oath...

Chicago Dog

Its a good thing there weren't more because the police and secret service had their heads so far up their asses they couldn't even handle 1 million.
Really? All fifty two agencies?

Call me crazy, but I think an event of this scale with no reported incidents means security actually didn't have their heads up their asses.

Chicago Dog

Or those with press credentials for access to the west front who WEREN'T ALLOWED IN and had to walk 23 blocks with equipment down to the open public access locations instead of being allowed in. Went to one gate and was told "the media entrance is at 14th and H". Went there and was told "media entrance is at 17th and K". Went there and (wait for it) "you need to go to 19th and H.
So you arrived late and couldn't find a spot to set up as a result -- but security were the ones with their heads up their asses?