Great Customer Service!

In January arriving for the Olympics, my Anton Bauer 2702 quad charger sparked and smoked after unpacking it from the flight to Vancouver. It travels in it’s own pelican case, but something must have vibrated loose. I took it in to our NBC News engineering and field operations office located inside the IBC. I asked them to take a look and expected them to ship it off to Connecticut for repair. Instead, I was directed down the hall to the NBC Sports ENG maintenance office. There to my surprise, were two Anton Bauer maintenance technicians with a fully equipped repair bench! It was as if I walked in to an electronic trauma ER. They took my broken quad charger and handed me a loaner and sent me on my way, all in approximately 3 minutes. I was shocked to receive a phone call four hours later to come and pick up my repaired unit!

A few weeks later my Canon ZSG-200m pistol zoom controller shorted out. A quick trip back to the NBC Sports ENG maintenance office and found two Canon maintenance technicians with lenses spread out on their bench. A swap with a loaner and Canon returned my repaired unit after a couple of days!

No repair authorization, no paperwork, no signatures and most importantly: no charge!
That is great customer service!
Thanks to Anton Bauer and Canon for getting me back in the field quickly!

Dwaine

adam

That is awesome. I was lucky to get up there for a couple of days working with my local (KING5) and I was really impressed with the NBC setup. I used to work for NewsChannel so I was expecting a decent spread, from experience, but that setup in Vancouver was the real deal.