Fraint Dam Package

Hey everyone this is my second package I've posted since working at FOX. This is my seventh month and I feel I'm improving but I'm always looking to better my work. If someone can give me a little feedback that would be great. Thanks
P.S. I did not edit this.

Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7evjmXz-OQ8

Last edited:

svp

I don't know the circumstances you were under because I wasn't there so some of this feedback and suggestions might not have been possible. I'm not going to rip the story apart. Instead, I'm going to offer a few suggestions to work on now and then I'll give more on the next critique.

First, don't shoot the map while someones holding it. Either before the trip or after the trip, lean it up against something, grab the sticks, and shoot some steady shots to use in editing.

Second, sequence your shots. You went back and forth from the map to shots of the water and it was a little eratic.

With the opening shot, use the pan and then a tight of someone's face before going to the nats. Also, going from the reporter standup to the package, you could have inserted a nat break.

The nat break of the rear of the boat was too long. Shorten that up.

If possible, put a lav on the guy speaking or place the lav next to the speaker to pick up the sound better when they're talking.

That's just a few suggestions to get you started. Overall, pretty good for only your second pkg. Keep up the good work and always try to get better.

thanks for the feedback i appreciate it. unfortunately i was the editor of that piece, i'm learning the editing system and slowly working my way towards a package. i agree with all your suggestions and will take them into consideration. i posted another package, check that out when you get a chance.

Ryan