Fort Meyers pay

• Thread starter <Frozen north movin' south>
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

<Frozen north movin' south>

I'm moving to FM in february as my wife got a job as a buyer at Chico's dpeartment store HQ.

As a photog with 2 years exp. what can I expect as a hourly pay if i get hired at the cbs, nbc, abc or fox?

I'll start applying as soon as I get there.

help!!!

F

<Fort Myers>

I have been in Fort Myers for a couple of years... And the pay varies. I know fellow photogs who get as little as $9.00 an hour and up. One guy I know will pull in over $40,000 this year (yes with over time).

One tip DON'T TAKE THE FIRST OFFER!!! Negotiate, Negotiate, Negotiate...

You can't go wrong with any of the stations - I would just stay away from the FOX.

A Step Above Productions

Start applying NOW!!! DON'T WAIT !!! You may miss your opportunity. Call all the stations even the FOX (there is nothing wrong with them and there is even rumor that they are addding a new show... a 6pm).

Call now and set up interviews.

I work at WINK CBS and as of now I don't believe we have any openings, but you never know when one will open.

Call now tell the Chiefs that you are moving and you would like to set something up, just to get to know one and other. The sooner your foot is in the door the sooner you will have a job.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me.

PhotogFromFL

I work in FM too, and agree with what NQ says. Right now, the last I heard is that the NBC/ABC duopoly doesn't have a chief. But you can't go wrong at any of the stations here in town.

SeattleShooter

I know WINK had an opening. But I dont know if they do now.

[ December 29, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: SeattleShooter ]

F

<Fort Myers>

Originally posted by <Frozen north>:
Ok- the stations are good..but, what's the pay?
Didn't I tell you? It ranges any where from $9.00 an hour and up? It all depends on waht youcan get from them.

W

<Warm and lovin' it>

Originally posted by <Frozen north movin' south>:
I'm moving to FM in february as my wife got a job as a buyer at Chico's dpeartment store HQ.

As a photog with 2 years exp. what can I expect as a hourly pay if i get hired at the cbs, nbc, abc or fox?

help!!!
Acording to B-roll's own salery list...

...market 68 Ft. Myers - Naples, FL $18,000.00
$35,000.00

All you have to do is a little resurch... Plus you may want to learn how to spell Fort Myers before you move.

W

<Warm and lovin' it>

Originally posted by <Frozen north movin' south>:

help!!!
Acording to B-roll's own salery list...

...market 68 Ft. Myers - Naples, FL $18,000.00
$35,000.00

All you have to do is a little resurch... Plus you may want to learn how to spell Fort Myers before you move.

I started as a FM photog making a little under 21,000 (with no previous shooting experience but with PA and editing expereience) left a few years later making 23,500

Status
Not open for further replies.