final cut pro text (end credits)

TexasDave

I'm working on the simple end credits for a video. I remember seeing a way to do the dual-column movie (centered) movie-like credits by putting a symbol between the names.

John Smith . Producer (example)

I thought it was the asterisk between the name and title - but it's not. Anyone know this?

dinosaur

"Option 8" is usually a centered dot on most mac fonts: John Smith • Producer

I just hope its not an obscure command for FCP, but it should work while you are typing text for credits.

grassland

Two-column credits

To create two-column credits, open the scrolling text generator in Final Cut. Type your title description such as Director, then put in a space, then an asterisk then your name. I should look like this:

Director * John Ford

When you have all your titles entered, go to the bottom of the Controls panel and set the "gap width". This determines the width of the gap where the asterisk appears.

There are other settings to play with here, but gap width is the one you use to get your two columns aligned and looking the way you want.

Good Luck.

TexasDave

To create two-column credits, open the scrolling text generator in Final Cut. Type your title description such as Director, then put in a space, then an asterisk then your name. I should look like this:

Director * John Ford

When you have all your titles entered, go to the bottom of the Controls panel and set the "gap width". This determines the width of the gap where the asterisk appears.

There are other settings to play with here, but gap width is the one you use to get your two columns aligned and looking the way you want.

Good Luck.
That's exactly what I needed to do. I had it in my notes and couldn't seem to find it.