Final Cut Pro Mpeg question

BNVN

Ok, as a power user of Adobe Pre Pro and PC user, I don't own my own copy of FCP or a Mac, but use others when I work on their editing projects at their locations.

One thing I never tried was this, will Final Cut Pro read an Mpeg if you import it and place it on the time line?

Here is a video I put together that has a lot of color and motion and just wondered if someone could test it to see if it works. Its just 49 seconds of scuba dive footage at 360x240 that I'm working on.

http://www.bnvn.com/mpgtest/Will_FCP_READ.mpg

Thanks

Doug

bluffton

Okay,

You've encoded it with Mpeg2 muxed, you will have to render it on the timeline or export it out to dv/ntsc 48khz 29.97 fps if you don't want to render it in the timeline.

It enlarges just fine and looks pretty clean to 720x480, although I wouldn't use it as primary video, maybe a background our something. If you want audio you are going to have to compress it demuxed.

It is a large file for such a short clip. You may want to use mpeg4 to compress it out. If you use the right settings it'll look just fine and the audio will be there on its own tracks. You'll still have to render it out in FCP or convert it over to DV/NTSC, but the file should be considerably smaller, and you will have a similar result.

Hope that helps

BNVN

Yeah that helps a ton. I'm just trying to find a format that will work on both Adobe and FCP for demo clips where people can save and drop into the time line but still have all of the burned in time code, water mark and so on where the can use it but not abuse it.