Final cut pro 5 problems

Chismoso

Hi Guys !

Everytime that I try to import into FCP through the log & capture function I keep getting an error message that says :

" The operation cannot be completed as there is no video "

This is happening although in the " clip settings " tab I have a "check " mark at the side of the video. However , the audio is being imported without any probems.

Any thing that I am not doing right ? Thanks.

gwedits

try this...

I assume you are coming in firewire so I would power everything down, disconnect the firewire to the computer and deck. I would then turn on the deck then the computer and then reattach both and see if that works. I have an "i-link" light come on my Sony deck when they are "communicating". Good luck...

bluffton

If what gwedits doesn't work. You will need to trash your preferences.

USER>LIBRARY>PREFERENCES>com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist>Final Cut Pro User Data>Final Cut Pro 5.0 Prefs
>Final Cut Pro Obj Cache
>Final Cut Pro Prof cache

Only trash whats in Bold DON'T EMPTY THE TRASH YET!!!
Restart FCP and open the project or new project and when if it looks like the way you prefer... THEN EMPTY THE TRASH.

This should help if it doesn't write back.

Chismoso

To Bluffton .

Thanks very much for your response but how do I get into menus that you describe ? Like I said , I am using the log * capture format and I do not see User > library etc,etc, menus that you are describing . .

bluffton

double click on your macintosh hard drive on your desktop then goto users then you should see the name of your computer (you set this up when you first started your mac out of the box) next to a house looking icon (that is user)

Mac is set up for you to be able to trouble shoot outside of the applications. Trashing your Preferences is the main first step, when ever you need to fix an issue. Here is a link with px to help describe what I'm talking about:
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html