Final Cut Help

Baltimore's Finest Fotog

I have two relatively small dilemmas. Keep in mind that I'm working with a Final Cut Express at work, so feel free to inform me if THAT is why I don't have the functions I'm trying to find.

1.) Is there a "Review Edit" function? I know AVID has one, but the closest I've been able to find in Final Cut Express is "Play Around Current," which merely shows me the 5 seconds before and 2 seconds after the in or out point.

2.) Can I mute an audio channel in the viewer? Again, I know in AVID I could simply mute Channel 1 or 2 on the timeline, but it appears that I do not have that capability with FCE. Mainly, I would like to be able to isolate my wireless microphone by muting my shotgun mic when I'm logging sound, etc.

Necktie Boy

The last time I used FCE, I could only mute both or no channels. Could not separate the channels. Audio is sterero and could not be made into separate channels...Again, this was a few years ago. It may have changed.

zac love

I have hardly used FCE, but in FCP I know you can just bring down the audio in channel 1 or 2 in the viewer, but it only applies to the clip you're viewing. I'm not sure of a way to mute ch2.