Final Cut 3 or 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoDJ

What is the biggest difference between the 2? Is it really noticeable?

I am getting a G4Powerbook and would like to know which one would benefit me more for home movies and "some" stories for work.

I only ask becaues I want to keep the cost down, this is why I ask the real difference between the 2.

Thanks!!

PHX Shooter

FCP 4 has some new trimming options and better audio editing. It also include Livetype for type effects and Soundtrack got creating custom musoc brds. FCP 4 didn't seem to last long before FCP HD came out.
A really good resource is the LA FInal Cut Pro user group (http://www.lafcpug.org).

I personally would buy the latest/greatest version as they generally will include bug fixes and be more compatible with latest versions of the Mac OS.

canuckcam

FCP HD is actually FCP 4.5, which you can download the update from Apple.

If you're doing DV work only, check out Final Cut Express if you don't think you'd be doing any 24p or uncompressed work

addixicon

$699 for an upgrade! that sounds steep for a $1000 base price software bundle. Can you upgrade the software without the original discs and registration? (if the powerbook is already loaded with it), or are you looking to get it new? Isnt there some real time rendering upgrades on 4 compared to 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.