FCE Compression

Baltimore's Finest Fotog

So...I digitized about 95 minutes of video (of a HS soccer game) in FCE 4 that I need to export to a Data DVD. I have already exported it as QT. It is currently 8.5 GB. I need to get that down to at least 4.7 GB to fit it onto the DVD. If possible, I'd like to make it even smaller. As far as I know, it's only form of distribution is YouTube. Nonetheless, I'm obviously doing something wrong. What do I need to do?

Last edited:

bluffton

Tutorial Time

Click on your timeline in FCE
go to the drop down FILE menu
Export-Quicktime conversion
and choose which method you want to use.

Heres a tutorial to help you with compressing video and keeping it small yet clean.

If you need further assistance let me know. This article helped me compress the crud out of anything and keep "high resolution."

I'm exporting 1:30 pkgs typically 2-300mb down to 9-18mbs with awesome quality for tv.

Baltimore's Finest Fotog

Click on your timeline in FCE
go to the drop down FILE menu
Export-Quicktime conversion
and choose which method you want to use.

Heres a tutorial to help you with compressing video and keeping it small yet clean.

If you need further assistance let me know. This article helped me compress the crud out of anything and keep "high resolution."

I'm exporting 1:30 pkgs typically 2-300mb down to 9-18mbs with awesome quality for tv.
Something screwy happened with that link when you posted it. Can you try again?