Critique Away

Latin Lens

"Dusty Diamonds"....loved it. Great storytelling here....very nicely put together...my only suggestion would have shot the coach and player interview a little tighter to A) lose the mic flag and B) help out with the emotional aspect of what they're talking about.

"Water and Wood"...another stellar job. There was one rough sequence I caught....the guy is rubbing the siding to him back at the fence with the water gun...and it was a little rough becuase it gave me a jumpcut edit kind of feel...don't know why but it bothered me...but everything else was great. Nice storytelling again...you and the reporter obviously work well together.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Things Better Left Unseen

Dusty Diamonds

The majority of your shots were very well composed. But, I'm of the school mic's should be heard & not seen, most of the time. And, I think that big ol' mic flag could have been avoided?

I'm sorry you had to do the stand-up, but look at it as an opportunity to accelerate the story, when possible. Here... a little... ordinary.

Also, I didn't hear much of the story? Maybe a little more natural sound, as a whole, in this one would have set it off a little more?

It looked like you shot that close, with the purpose of being the close? That is a beautiful thing, in my book! Well done!

Good stuff!

grinner

both were fine but I always find the mic stuck in the face with a big distracting sign on it... well, distracting.
I liked your stand up from behind the bleachers in the first piece. Dunno if you snuck that in while noone was watchin or you asked em not to look at ya but it was a nice way to put ya there.

MidwestShooter

Thanks guys...I agree with the mic comments. The standup for the baseball story was shot without talking to anyone about not looking or moving. I guess we get lucky sometimes. The closing shot was rediculous and difficult to get to! But I did get that shot specifically for the close. Thanks again for the input!

ms