Crazy Resume Tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natural Born Stringer

I sent you one... but upon rereading your post, I realized that I totally messed it up. The cat was filming and I was the one taking a crap. Sorry about that. Damn lysdexia. Just send it back when you get it.

Baltimore Shooter

Originally posted by The Kid:
I shot a montage of DC memorials with my PD170 while I was on vacation, and edited them together with music. Good idea? Bad idea?
You're kidding, right? BAD F**UCKING IDEA!

Warren

Baltimore Shooter

One thing I'm surprised to see is that noone mentioned how ILLEGAL it is to use copyrighted music in something. If you're doing this for home viewing or just messing around, that's one thing. But when you do it for public viewing or to make money off of it (by getting a job) THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG! You could get sued! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????

Have you paid the songwriter or the artist for the use of that song? If the answer is no, then you STOLE it! No different than using it in a commercial without permission or illeagally downloading it from the internet.

Do you really want people who steal music for a demo to work for you? I'd be biting my nails all the time. Something to contemplate before sending out your next reel.

If you really want to use music in your demo, buy a piece from a royalty free library, you can buy one CD if you want. You can even pay for one song (real cheap) at places like www.soundrangers.com

Think people, THINK!

Warren

[ November 16, 2004, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Baltimore Shooter ]

FastFord

Originally posted by Baltimore Shooter:
One thing I'm surprised to see is that noone mentioned how ILLEGAL it is to use copyrighted music in something. If you're doing this for home viewing or jest messing around, that's one thing. But when you do it for public viewing or to make money off of it (by getting a job) THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG! You could get sued! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????
YEa,,, I made that point on a mountin bike forum just the ohter day. THey used Areosmith's "Back in the saddle" to advertise Ray's indoor moutnin biking. The video was cool, and the place looked like fun, but guys... don't destroy this cool thing you built over somthing so simply fixed!

Natural Born Stringer,,,
Well,, See'n as how I'm somewhat dyslexic myself, I probly wouldn't have noticed the error myself right away, anyway....

The Kid

Originally posted by Baltimore Shooter:
One thing I'm surprised to see is that noone mentioned how ILLEGAL it is to use copyrighted music in something. If you're doing this for home viewing or just messing around, that's one thing. But when you do it for public viewing or to make money off of it (by getting a job) THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG! You could get sued! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????

Have you paid the songwriter or the artist for the use of that song? If the answer is no, then you STOLE it! No different than using it in a commercial without permission or illeagally downloading it from the internet.

Do you really want people who steal music for a demo to work for you? I'd be biting my nails all the time. Something to contemplate before sending out your next reel.

If you really want to use music in your demo, buy a piece from a royalty free library, you can buy one CD if you want. You can even pay for one song (real cheap) at places like www.soundrangers.com

Think people, THINK!

Warren
:eek: :eek: :eek: Well, thanks for the feedback. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, and that's why I was researching and asking around before putting that on any sort of tape. I'll check out that link and see what I can do with it.

[ November 16, 2004, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: The Kid ]

Natural Born Stringer

Originally posted by WHIZkid:
Natural Born Stringer,,,
Well,, See'n as how I'm somewhat dyslexic myself, I probly wouldn't have noticed the error myself right away, anyway....
Oh good. Well hey, the cat does need a job so if you like it give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.