Cookie cutter????????

SHOOT4U

Does anyone have a easy way to cut out logos for cookies. Any ideas are appreciated. Does it have to be tiny to work?

if by cookie you are meaning a gobo for a studio light. There are many companys that will do custom work for a very reasonable price. (about $50) They use laser ingravers and this is the only way that I know of to get a decent logo. The actual ingraving is a very simple process but the machine costs a fortune. Just do an internet search for custom gobo and you'll find many. I've used several different companies over the years and never had a bad one. You just email them the file and it takes about a week. One note though send them a high resolution file. (atleast 600 dpi) the engravers are accurate enough to stair step down to less than the width of a hair.

HokiePhotog

If you have a vector image of your logo that would even work better, you get more natural looking curves and angles that way as the image can be resized without gaining stairsteps or losing detail... Having worked in theatre I know most places will take these files as well, specifically the illustrator and postscript formats...

2 Hungry Dogs

If you have a multi color log there are some companies that can put it on a glass gobo. It's a lot more expensive though. Rosco is probably one, there should be others.

Run&Gun

If you have a multi color log there are some companies that can put it on a glass gobo. It's a lot more expensive though. Rosco is probably one, there should be others.
Color Glass Gobos are stupidly expensive(and fragile). A friend has ordered two different ones over the last few years for two different clients(they paid for 'em) and they were about $800+ each, if I remember correctly. One was used for ONE interview for a private museum video and the other was used for the majority of interviews on a network special.

If I recall correctly Nino talks about an attachment for the source 4 that allows you to print your own on transparancy media for one time use type things.

Now that I have checked it is the rosco image pro

Last edited:

Canonman

If I recall correctly Nino talks about an attachment for the source 4 that allows you to print your own on transparancy media for one time use type things.

Now that I have checked it is the rosco image pro
That's true. Inkjet transparencies are designed to hold up to having high wattage overhead projector lamps hitting them. They won't last a long time, but they also aren't as expensive and replacements can be printed as necessary. It's a pretty ingenious add on for the ETC lights.

cm

That's true. Inkjet transparencies are designed to hold up to having high wattage overhead projector lamps hitting them. They won't last a long time, but they also aren't as expensive and replacements can be printed as necessary. It's a pretty ingenious add on for the ETC lights.

cm
Yeah when I get around to adding an ETC source 4 to my kit this attachment will be one of the things I insist on buying along with it.