Check this out. Ever happen at your station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todio

1) Once had an anchor go on terribly sick. (I'm an audio op) We had a cue that if she said "We'll be back" (she never threw like that) I was to kill her mic immediately and the switcher would cut to a station ID (he kept it ready) We never needed it but the second we went off air she leaned over to the wastebasket and blew chunks.

2) Doing a kids show one of the actors had a long night and came in horribly hung over. Every couple of takes she had to run into the washroom (with wireless mic on) and heave. Once, in an extreme closeup she hicked and heaved right at the camera. (on tape, thank God) That bit of tape made the goodie reel (over and over, in slo-mo)

Buck

That would make a great ad for Southwest Airline's "Wanna Get Away" commercials.

Eaglewolf

While out on a story, a reporter and I stopped at a drive through for a soda. After a couple of sips, the reporter began to scream at the top of her lungs. I asked her: you find a hair? sure enough, she did! a long black one....She screams "pull over, I gotta yack!" So we are on an interstate hiway and I have to negotiate off of 80mph traffic flow so she could loose her cookies. :D

E

<ex KY shooter>

At the station I used to work at in Lexington, KY, the main male anchor had cancer (he has since passed on) and had to use a wastebasket occasionally. I believe that they would just cut to the other anchor to not show it.

The anchor was open about his cancer and we did a bunch of stories about him and the disease.

Now, for myself, I've barfed many times at work and on stories. With the GI troubles that I'm having, it's becoming a regular event. Many times I've pulled over, told the reporter that I'd be back in a minute, and do my business. Wash the mouth out real quick and on with the story.

S

<sammy>

yeah, I've done that many times. Mostly the effects of a good night of drinking the night before.

photogtony

once at my last shop in Terre Haute, In. we had a "pet savers" segment. We put a dog in chroma and had the graphics guy put a flying logo under the dog and we "flew" it around town with the tower cam. As we were about to go to break (15 sec. out) he started heaving white goo all over the set. It was disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.