Cell Phone app called Luci

JoeyO38

Work gave me a demo cell phone with a program called Luci on it. Basically you can shoot video with this 5 megapixel Samsung camera and feed it back via FTP...

Have any of you experimented with this? They told me to use it when I can over the next couple days and report back... I'm hoping there is more to this gadget then what I've seen so far.

Lensmith

Is this the program you are talking about?

http://www.luci.eu

Innovative Cross Media Software

Luci® software transforms your PDA or Smartphone into a high quality mpeg-recorder and mobile IP-codec or software IP-codec for PC. Reporters only need one device to record audio, go live, edit, add pictures or videos and send to the studio - wirelessly! On top of that it's quick and easy to use. Whether you’re a radio- or web-journalist, Luci is the perfect way to ensure you’re first with the news, no matter where you are.

Luci® software has been developed, tested and improved 'in the field' in close cooperation with professional journalists and technicians of radio stations, including the BBC and L1. Luci® delivers a professional and streamlined approach to your reportage, bringing with it the highest levels of quality, user-friendliness and reliability. Recordings and live reports can be made utilising standard formats - including metadata - that are suitable for transmission right away, either via webcast or traditional radio.

http://www.luci.eu

MtnShooter

I wonder if anyone's making a shoulder mount adaptor for this thing so you can use your AB bricks with it :)

Shootblue

Well heck that camera is 5 megapixels and a lowly HDCam is only 2.2...surely this thing is better.

JoeyO38

I've had it for 48 hours so far... Today I gave it to the intern during a perp-walk while I shot with my beta sx. Within a few minutes the walk was on our ftp server back at the station. However, the quality is not studio quality like it says in the description. We won't be able to fool anyone... it's a cross between cell phone video and point+shoot video. But it seems like it could be useful getting video to the website quicker...

Still looking for some other things to use this for. Anyone have experience with it?

zac love

Once again, I think much of the new tech stuph has its own place but you have to build a work flow for it.

Getting the footage back to the FTP isn't worth a dime if there is no one to put it online and you'll feed through the microwave truck before the next newscast.