C300 Two cam IV with Peter Jackson

cameragod

Latvos and I did this IV a few weeks ago for ANZAC day. We’ve been doing two cam setups together for a long time and I think it really shows how both camera shots look good.
Say what you like about the C300 as a run and gun camera, it is a fabulous IV camera and with the right lighting looks great anywhere you use it.

C300 Two cam IV with Peter Jackson

Lensmith

Really enjoyed watching it!

Was that a quick cameo of Cameragod at the beginning?

Could you have gotten a couple of bigger chairs into what, to me, looked like a rather small space to shoot a two-cam interview?!?!? Just kidding! ;)

What are the little orange things they are both wearing/

Logos of some kind?

Just...curious.

Interesting story for me to enjoy with some very nice images!

But...that's expected of any project you're involved in!

cameragod

Latvos is the one in a light top and the beard, I’m in black and half framed out.
They are both wearing red poppies for ANZAC day.

Click on the poppy for more

Latvos

Yes the chairs were big, and it was shot in a smallish audio post suite. It was a choice of this location or Peters office, which is smallish and has a lot of big furniture.

A no brainer for us camera guys and the sound recordist.

We had allowed 2 hours for set-up but this got whittled down to an hour after waiting in reception for clearance.

The producer wanted an intimate fireside chat feel which I think we achieved.

The red poppies are a strong symbol of remembrance for our fallen soldiers, and the interview was shown on the day we remember them (ANZAC Day).

Thanks for your comments!

prosheditor

Did you shoot clean and add that soft effect in post or did you use a Soft FX, Pro Mist or what, and if filtered, what grade? Thanks.

Latvos

We shot it clean, and the Pro-mist was added in later. I'm not crazy about the effect, but wasn't our call.
The client was very happy and that's mostly all that counts.