Bye Bye Walkman

Latin Lens

This thread is an ode to one of my favorite inventions as a kid....the Sony Walkman. Walking to my friends houses....the only thing that keep me going and motivated was listening to music made possible by this nifty device. I am sad to see another gizmo from my generation relegated to the obsolete status. Good bye old friend...I will cherish the time we spent and the jams we listened to (most notably New Order, the Cure, and the countless mixtapes)...you will live on in my thoughts and a shoebox that I will one day break out to show my daughter what we listened to music as a kid (yeah, almost that guy)...you may be gone but NEVER forgotten. I will see you again when I live in 1985 on a cloud somewhere in the sky.

Cornelio78

I remember having a few in my time, but only cause they were mostly cheap. I had one great one, i liked it alot. Had an equalizer on it and everything, lol.

On a small side note, i have a friend who in high school didnt have a radio in his car, or it got stolen, dont recall. He had a system in his car, 12 in woofers and all. He ran it all by his walk-man. Didnt sound bad at all.

Necktie Boy

On Letterman's segment on Halloween costumes, he gave one of the trick or treaters a walkman. Saying it was used to listen to music...

I still mine packed away. And still have a stack of cassette tapes...

fotofinish

My stereo died in my 98 jeep cherokee, so I pulled out an old boom box and plugged it into my cigarette lighter. It still works after 25 years. It's nice cruising down the highway to the Dead.