BetacamSX

rb21089

I need some help. I need to go from BetacamSX to a MiniDV tape or some way to get some stuff that I've shot onto my laptop. But, I don't have a deck to do that.

Anyone know anyone who might be able to help?

Thanks!

satpimp

Any DV converter will work. They are available at most Electronics stores with RCA connectors. A broadcast quality system with BNC and XLR I/O can be expensive.

Good luck.

Canonman

We've talked about this before, but what you'll need is a small box such as the Canopus ADVC110. This will accept analog audio and video input and put the signal out as a DV via firewire that your laptop can use. Be aware though that this little box uses consumer style connectors so you'll need the appropriate BNC to RCA for the video, and XLR to RCA for the audio.

This little box is great for this kind of stuff. I'm fairly sure it works both ways in that you can spit stuff out of the NLE and the box will output analog A/V.

cm

focusthis

Your camcorder may even do it. I have a Panasonic MiniDV that has analog In/Out and FireWire. Helps me save stuff from my TiVo! If I dub it to tape instead of passing through, it's easier to batch ingest to editing software.

newsMcgee

Your camcorder may even do it. I have a Panasonic MiniDV that has analog In/Out and FireWire. Helps me save stuff from my TiVo! If I dub it to tape instead of passing through, it's easier to batch ingest to editing software.
I've done the same conversion. I had to find someone with a camcorder that I could use as a record deck. I connected the SX deck to the camcorder.