awards

yellowbeta

2 questions for you:

1)When your stations wins an award for something you did, does the station give you a copy of the award?

2)Does the station let you go to the awards lunch/banquet?

phere126

Originally posted by yellowbeta:
2 questions for you:

1)When your stations wins an award for something you did, does the station give you a copy of the award?
THEY SHOULD. WHAT IF IT'S A TELLY? INDEED. AP AWARD?-ABSOLUTLY
2)Does the station let you go to the awards lunch/banquet?
SURE THEY DO!

yellowbeta

I had a close call today were the news director wasn't sure if the station could afford to pay to send staff to the awards lunch.

I'm feeling the love right now :)

tonyfalcone

At our place if you win a 1st the powers will buy you a copy of the award. You may get to go to the awards banquet but there are only a few spots availible and usually you have to pay for any hotel arrangements yourself.

amp

If you win, you go. I got to go to NYC on the company's dime a few years ago for an award. Very cool!

JOE TEPOSTE

I won

Here's where it burns, I shot a christmas story one year, we came in with a pretty weak story, what are the hot toys, so I asked if we could do it a little different, the reporter just went along I had the toys tell the story basically. I pulled the stand up out of my @$$ but in the end after cutting it, it worked out sweet. The reporter told me she was going to submit it to the AP's sweet. Come awards time we got first place, but the award was missing something, yup' my name was totally left out bummer :(. So when your submitting these awards just make sure your name is on them.