Auto syncing rushes

HI All.
What techniques are people employing to sync separately recorded (but tc locked) sound files being imported into FCP to their respective video files from RED etc. AND does this allow for the importing of multichannel rushes.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Peter

zac love

Welcome Peter to b-roll.net

I'm guessing you're not going to get a lot of responses here b/c there are mainly ENG shooters & freelancers on this board. While nearly everyone here shoots & cuts, I think there are very few people who are just editors here & your question seems better fitted for someone in a post house.

That being said, I've used Plural Eyes a couple times. Once it worked great, the second time not so well. But the second time I think there were a lot of other issues going on that would account for the plug in not performing well.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

But if you're looking for something that reads & syncs TC, then that probably isn't the way to go, since plural eyes is pretty much a "sync things after the fact."

HI Zac
Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the case, but being new here I wasnt sure on the backgrounds of members.

I also posted on the Avid Pro Tools forums, and it seems that Virtual Katy (which I already have) is also used for this in addition to the reason I paid 2k for it. Good news.

Cheers

Peter
Dubbing Mixer

Necktie Boy

I would just line up the pic with the sound using the matching TC. But I can see if you are doing lots of syncing, a piece of software would be quicker.