Arranging clips in a folder in Avid

tarzan

My station has Avid Adrenaline. One thing that's always kind of p*ssed me off has to do with the bin display. The clip viewing modes in the bins are, "brief," "text," "frame," and "script." It seems that "script" mode is the only mode in which I can rearrange the order of the clips in the bin. I try to do that in "brief" or "text" mode, and it won't do it. So lets say I have a sequence I created at the very beginning of my editing session, so it's at the very bottom of the list. If I want to move it to the top of the list, I have to go to "script" mode -which can't display all the clips at once if you have a lot of clips, because the icons are so big- and click and drag as far up as I can go, then scroll, then click and drag again, then scroll, then click/drag, etc., until I have my clip moved to where I want it. Why the hell did they design it what way? If you look at any folder in Windows or Mac OS, it allows you to rearrange the order of the files, regardless of what viewing mode the folder is in. Why couldn't Avid have just made their bins the way Windows and Mac make their folders?