Anyway to save a Flash file?

Baltimore Shooter

Anyone know if it's possible to save a Flash file you find on another website? I found a Flash file that I'd like to show someone where internet access won't be available and I'd like to save the file to show this person what I'm talking about. I can easily save a WMF or Quicktime file but don't know how to it if it's a Flash file.

Warren

Im sure someones made a program out there or something, but short of that...Try clearing your browser cache then reload the page with the flash on it. The do a search on your computer for files created that day and look for the newest one. Probably won't be in a recognizable format so you may need to toy with it to figure out what is the best extension to open it with.

Works with a lot of different web files...

Canonman

Anyone know if it's possible to save a Flash file you find on another website? I found a Flash file that I'd like to show someone where internet access won't be available and I'd like to save the file to show this person what I'm talking about. I can easily save a WMF or Quicktime file but don't know how to it if it's a Flash file.

Warren
MPEG Streamclip to the rescue. Just make sure you have the latest version. I forget Warren, are you on the Mac?

cm

Baltimore Shooter

Urgent Note: Don't Use Flash Cather!

Here is a neat little free program for the other side of the "window"
"Flash Catcher"
http://www.justdosoft.com/flashCatcher/
No offense to you Hunt TV, but I tried Flash Catcher and it caused a lot of problems w/ my computer. It locked up the computer several times and caused programs like Photoshop to crash. (All of this on my PC, I didn't put it on my Mac).

So I removed Flash Catcher and when I restarted the computer, it had wiped out all the files I had on my thumb drives. So if I were you, I wouldn't install Flash Catcher.

Warren

The Thrill

Funny you should ask!

I just needed to solve this problem myself.

A free program called GetBot handled it nicely. You can upgrade to more features for just $19, too.

Worked for me!

Dedline

easy with firefox browser

I use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer and it has a free plug in here...
http://www.downloadhelper.net/

let's me record any flash on a webpage and play it back later, from youtube, or elsewhere. it's free and works great.