Another Vegas question

MtnShooter

Sorry if this is incredibly basic, but when I capture in Vegas via firewire from my DSR400, I get one audio track (mixed) with the video, even if I've recorded two or three separate audio tracks. I get separate tracks from my B&C or XLR outs (converted RCAs), but not from firewire. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just how it works? If that's how it works, it sucks. If not, I feel dumb.

Thanks in advance. I can't find the answer in the manual.

SimonW

It shouldn't be mixed. Each channel you record is one side of the stereo channel. So if you have your front mic on channel 1 and the rear mic on channel 2, then channel 1 will be the left hand side of the stereo audio and channel 2 will be the right hand side.

In Vegas you need to right click on the audio event and tell it which channel you wish to use.

MtnShooter

Howdy again

Okay... I'm buying a Z1-U this week to go with my DSR 400. Still using Vegas 6, so I need to upgrade to Vegas 7. WHile I'm doing that, got any ideas where I might find a decent Flash encoder (preferably a Vegas plugin), a good 3-d text/graphic plugin, and a better text generator than the one that comes with Vegas? That text is always too soft.

Also ... for the Z1U, any pros/cons on the ecm 674 (long) shotgun over the ecm 673 (short) shotgun?

Thanks again, in advance.
Charles