A little closer to heaven

Latin Lens

A Little Closer to Heaven: Blake, what happened here? You guys did a pretty solid job...good nats, good flow, creative standup, overall great job on this one. A few points though...church lady interview was a little backlight...maybe just try and find a better angle or switch it up from just being a tight shot...so we don't keep seeing the "mistake"...if I see it once I can overlook but not 4 times...I think you attacked it well but got a little inside happy...I would have loved to have seen an exterior atleast once...and get close either ultra tight or macro tight on some of the old stuff to really drive the history home...wide shot of the glass counter I didn't understand til you went tight...you probably could have done without it...but I get what you were going for. Other than those small things really nice job and improvement...I am sure you had fun when you shot and edited this...now imagine that every time you shoot on every story...a story is what you make it and put into it. Nice progress.

Latin Lens

Coney Island Cafe: okay, seriously what has gotten into you guys? Seriously. What a tremendous step forward on this one. Overall great job again...solid piece here. Good writing and flow...plenty of variation in interviews which I loved...great shooting finding some of those shots...again the only complaint I have is the fast-paced editing of all the napkin holders...I think one would have been enough to soak it in...the quick editing didn't fit but again you're experimenting and trying to see what works but sometimes less is more...so remember that next time. You guys have been working a lot together and its showing...great team effort here...this is a gem to save for your reusumes...seriously once you start doing this level of work it can only get better so keep it up you two. Nice, nice job. I watched it twice to enjoy everything before and after writing this critique...that should say something to you both.