48 hr film project

FOCUZ

I directed a movie for the 48 hr film project this year and I had a blast. You basically have to write, shoot, and edit a 4-7 minute movie in 48 hours. I never worked in the indie film world so I was really excited to give it a try. The only people who had any experience on the crew were the editor, the sound tech, and myself as the DP/Director. The rest of the crew was made up of my wife and some buddies who I bribed with alcohol.

It was a blast. It made me fall in love with this business all over again. We placed 18th out of 110 teams and for my first year I thought that was pretty good.

We shot it with my HDX-900 recording to a FireStore.

We basically did a mockumentary spoof of Sport Center feature story.

I recommend this project to any shooter out there, whether you are just beginning or a 30 year vet.

A little advise, Direct it yourself. You don't want anyone telling you what to do. That happens in real life everyday.

Check it out on you tube. Type in "behind the cornhole".

FOCUZ

Cornhole is a game

I gotten that response from a lot of people.

Cornhole is a game kind of like horse shoes, except you use bean bags..,,,

Rutledge

I thought the actors did pretty well and your camera work was solid.

However, I thought the script was really bad. Made the piece
seem slightly less than professional.

It would have been a lot better without a few of the "bag" shots.

Rutledge

Stoney,

That was a great piece, you gotta love the "double punch".

I actually saw them shooting that thing in San Francisco,
must have been about a year ago.

A Step Above Productions

I was all set to do it a few years ago but was unable to do so when the airline lost my gear. I was coming home from a business trip in Costa Rica two days before the contest.

FOCUZ - post a link to your video.

cameragod

Funny I've just finished the NZ 48 Hour. We got musical... my own personal nightmare.
Were nominated for best cinematography and actress, won best original music and we came second in out city final, over 160 teams entered in Wellington alone this year. The Grand final is still to go.
They are very down on us putting the films up before the finals so I'll put it up when I'm allowed.
Till then here are some outtakes.

dazapper

I headed up a crew of 50 volunteers who did it three years ago. We had a blast but it really wiped us out. The Providence 48 has been held for the past three years, and the dates have been in the middle of July. When we were in the competition, it was the hottest weather of the summer and it brutalized us. But we came up with the mockumentary "The Clam Monster of Wickford" and won several awards and came in second overall in the local competition.

I don't think I'd do it again because, while it was fun, it was a ton of work, but it was a good experience overall. If I get the chance I'll upload the movie for your review.

cameragod

Right. We drew Musical.
The compulsory elements were: A character called Alex Puddle-who is an exaggerator. The line "It doesn't fit" and a rock

We came second in our City but more importantly got seen by Peter Jackson.