XDCam Transfer

desertrat

Does anybody know how to change a file name in the XDCam Transfer program? The manual says it can be done, but I've not been able to rename a file. Is there a setting on my camera that a need to change or in the program itself?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

upclose

Yes, you can

You can rename clips in the log and transfer software, but you need to change the way the camera names the files. In the "operation" menu in the camera, go down to "File naming". Inside of that, you need to change "Naming Form" to "Free" instead of C****, and change "Auto Naming" to "Title" instead of "C****".

Minnesotan

You can also change the name in your camera, then the clips will come in with what you named it, with numbers after that clip name.

MiniIndy

XDCAM Transfer

I figured out how to change all the file names in camera. Using the U1, I still can't get it to change the file name from anything other than c0001 and so forth in my bin in Avid Newscutter XP. Do you have to have write capability back to the disk drive in order to do this? Also I can't find my clips in Media manager (Avids original Media Manager), is there a way to set up Media Manager to search for disk labels?

BNVN

Having the same problem with some XD files. I copied everything over from the cards while out on in the field to a USB drive and now some of the files are not able to be imported into CS3 or into the Sony software. The files are huge so I know there is something there but can't get anything to read them.