What you think?

NEWSSHOOTER3

Kind

I'll be kind...

This piece was WAY too long, WAY too overexposed (especially on the white guy), and there was a hum in the audio on the black guy.

And, the overall (fire) shooting was rather pedestrian.

All in all, I thought the story made sense but, visually, it could have been better, so keep tryin'! :)

Minnesotan

Not bad....

I would've made the cuts at the top quicker to help show urgency.

Also, use the fades on your audio to help smooth it out a little bit.

Last edited:

GearHead

Thanks for the reply guys! I should have caught that buzz in the audio before the tape even rolled! This was my 3rd time setting up 3 point lighting (for what equipment the station has to offer) So I'm still learning and enjoying everytime I get a chance! So please keep it coming!

NEWSSHOOTER3

Ear Piece?

Thanks for the reply guys! I should have caught that buzz in the audio before the tape even rolled! This was my 3rd time setting up 3 point lighting (for what equipment the station has to offer) So I'm still learning and enjoying everytime I get a chance! So please keep it coming!

Are you using an earpiece to monitor audio? If not, you really
should. Even a simple IFB, which is all I use, would help you catch things like that.

nguyen.jason

After watching your pkg I was going to say you were way over exposed and talk about the audio but then I read what other people said and I think you got the point. One thing about the audio though. Are you guys shooting on the XD cameras like WTVG was because they have pretty good speakers on them and you should have been able to hear the buzzing?

I thought it was a good pkg and if you would address those issues in the future I can't wait to watch more of you pkgs.

GearHead

Thanks, Jason. We do have XD, the sound is pretty good on the side speaker! I just felt real pressure from my desk and my reporter that day! And I didn't take the same steps, that I would have on a normal day. We only had a hour for two interviews(different locations) and they needed me back for the daily BS. When I told them "I need it at lease a half hour for set up time". Since, this was my 3rd time setting up three point lighting.