Weather Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

queen of blue

I havn't done it myself, but there was a guy that I worked with who swore by it. I second the question, does this really work?

NorthShore

I would never put it directly on the lens itself. I do regularly put it on my UV filter and it does do wonders.

Never, ever put anything other than a good lens cleaning solution on your lens! :cool:

Agreed ...

Never put it directly on your primary lens ...
only on a filter (I use a Tiffen clear) ...

Works great ... just like on your windshield!

***Reminder to self: reapply Rain-X to clear filter to prepare for the daily deluges (sp?) of spring!

-ICK

satpimp

Agreed on keeping the primary optics as pristine as possible. Use a filter and rainex is a nice thing to have.

On a related note I saw a demo of a device I think called the spintec some time ago. It's a rain cover that has a clear filter that attaches to the end of the lense. The filter also includes a motor that spins the filter as some ridiculous speed. With it off you had the usual spots on the lens in the rain. Turn it on and the rain can be driving right into the lense and it stays clear because the centrifical force drives the water off the lense. It was as my kids say...WAY COOL. Florida in rainy or hurricane season would never look so clear!

Terry E. Toller

NO! NO! NO! Rain X is fantastic on your windshield but it does leave an oily coating. That's what makes the water bead up. If you use it on a lens, it will cause lens flair under many conditions.

NO! NO! NO! I do use it on my windshield and love it. When on the freeway in a light rain, you don't even have to use your wipers.

Shootblue

So they developed it for internal focus...yet have pictures of it on an external focus...and 77mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.