Viacom and MTV now trolling Craigslist for free videographers

svp

This is ridiculous.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cwg/1969469387.html

Music Television Networks (a division of Viacom International) is offering an assistant cameraman position for the International hip hop recording sensation, RICK ROSS and TX's own Bun B of UGK performing live at the dallas Palladium, Friday, September 24th, 2010.
This is a 2-3 hour gig, (non- paid) to showcase your work for the largest entertainment television company in the world. All footage does become property of MTV Networks immediately following shoot for copyright reasonS. If we like your work, you will be offered a paid internship ($27hr) and the opportunity to work on two hit reality series coming to Dallas in December 2010.

Qualifications:
Interview style and event/concert style shooting a must
Must have tri-pod

Will conduct dressing room interview for Rick Ross and Bun B

For media contact:
Efani Allah
310-590-5898
efanishootme@gmail.com

SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5PM ON THURSDAY, SEPT. 23RD, 2010

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
•Compensation: no pay

Tom Servo

And I bet they never "like your work" either.

but you know a bunch of iReporter goobers are gonna jump on it.

Necktie Boy

I think that its a demo for MTV. It sounds like Efani Allah may be stretching the truth? That line about two hit reality series coming to Dallas in December 2010 sounds like bait. I think he is hoping to get a gig with MTV.

svp

This has me thinking that maybe broll needs a "BLACKLIST" tab to add crooks like this too so we know never to work for them. Add this guy first.

Efani Allah
310-590-5898
efanishootme@gmail.com

Tv Shooter

This guy is some independent producer....using the term loosely...trying to get free labor. He does most likely NOT have a deal with Viacom or MTV. In fact he most likely is trying to get one or is associated with said "Rick Ross".

These chukes show up in Atlanta (Hip hop Capitol of America) all the time. They are BS artist first and foremost and EVERYONE OF THEM IS SHOOTING A REALITY SHOW!

None of course are paying...cause they are all broke asses themselves.

Then again-working with Rick Ross may be an interesting shoot:http://www.hiphoprx.com/2010/09/25/rapper-rick-ross-caught-in-sex-tape-scandal-says-not-him-on-dirty-spread/

After doing a simple Google search on Efani Allen, I see all videos he's done that are billed as "MTV's Remaking of a Video Vixen" have been taken down. Most likely-MTV has nothing to do with this. Cannnot find anything on this "show" anywhere that directs me to MTV's website.

And this show is NOT listed as being on MTV according to mTV's website.

Maybe it's time to start answering these ads and then going in and doing a really ****ty, unusable job then go "hey it was free what did you expect?"

zac love

http://www.b-roll.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18221

I always like the ones where the poster is looking for someone who has lots of awards, but needs to do something for free to gain more experience.

Yay for the internet.

Still I can't bash Craigslist too much, last year I was really hurting & got a few paying gigs off the local pages. Just have your BS filter set to MAX, be ready to have a 0.01% chance of getting contacted & you'll be fine.

Todio

Maybe it's time to start answering these ads and then going in and doing a really ****ty, unusable job then go "hey it was free what did you expect?"
In one sense I agree but on the other hand these types always seem to know people and if you did a bad job they always seem to be the ones to scream the loudest and make your life miserable. They might even have a case to sue you because they didn't get their reality series green-lit. They'd lose but you'd be tied up in court for a while defending yourself and paying a lawyer while they got their legal team for free on Craigslist by offering them the legal work on their new MTV reality show.

And the wheel turns...

Tv Shooter

Anyone these people know I have no interest in working for. And sue me? For doing a bad job? Lol....these types run from courthouses. They are the first to say they'll sue, and everytime I tell them "please do" they never try.

What would they say is a 'bad job"? I was just being creative....of course seeing what's on MTV and Viacoms other nets, a sh**ty job would get a season renewal.