UPS store as office address

Matt Box

Wondering if anyone uses a UPS store mailbox as an "office address" for their company? As a freelancer with gear I get antsy giving out my home address to everyone and was wondering what some of you all might do.

cyndygreen1

I use a PO Box for most of my personal and work business. In addition to a security layer, we also live in the country and thieves like to check out mailboxes by just opening them and grabbing or breaking into them.

JBoyce

I use a UPS Store as my mailing address and it works extremely well for me. The only thing to be aware of is that some retailers will not ship to a UPS store to prevent fraud.
I had one occasion where UPS had a weather delay and was not able to deliver to my home address overnight. Since I was going to be on an assignment the next day I used UPS's redirect to send the package to my UPS Store address. This seemed like a good idea at the time but B&H's loss prevention detected it and had the package recalled to them. Again this was totally my fault just something to be aware of.

- Jim

Necktie Boy

My buddy found a service that provides store fronts. He has everything shipped to the address, which is not a P.O. Box. I don't know how he found the place.

I know, not much help, but there are services that do that.

BluesCam

Where I live, you technically need a business license to work as a freelancer. If you use your home address, you have to obtain a zoning dept. certificate of occupancy.
Really sux. Many fly under the radar. I have always had a PO Box, even when I had a physical location. There are places that offer "virtual offices" that will accept mail for you and offer other services at various rates. Not cheap, but another option. Here are examples: https://www.davincivirtual.com/ http://www.regus.com/

Last edited:

grassland

UPS store

I use the local UPS store as my business address and have had no problems with deliveries. Packages and mail are sent to a street address with a number, which could be a suite number or office number or apartment number but is in reality a box number. Shippers seem to have no issues. One nice feature is that store personnel sign for the package and I get a text whenever a package has arrived.

I do, however, use my home address for state license and tax mailings.