Today I....

newshooter

krazycamera said:
Talent was so bad at HIS OWN language the reporter wrote down what she wanted the bus driver to say and held it up next to my lens!
...and you don't see anything wrong with that?

code20photog

...Drove 150 miles round trip to take a single shot of a photo. (Only thing I shot all day too)

And they wonder why our gas bill is so high....

BluesDaddy

Shot a C-17 landing and takeoff from about 50 yards away. The aircraft was operating from a 4000 ft runway (that's pretty short) and only took about half the length to get in the air. Needless to say, it was loud. Also shot a Harrier takeoff. Another cool day in news.

INLANDNEWS

BluesDaddy said:
Shot a C-17 landing and takeoff from about 50 yards away. The aircraft was operating from a 4000 ft runway (that's pretty short) and only took about half the length to get in the air. Needless to say, it was loud. Also shot a Harrier takeoff. Another cool day in news.

Funny you mention the C-17. I flew on a C-17 over the weekend to get some shots of the military picking up humvees, trucks and equipment for transport to an Air Force Base. Now that's a cool day in news! ....except when you step off the aircraft and the temperature goes up 25 degrees!!

herter857

Went to a family who had KKK burned into their lawn for no reason. Go figure the police and FBI wouldn't talk to us so we had to go to the NAACP. Made for a very interesting story.

Deft Depth

RichVid said:
got stung by a bee... my ear lobe is throbbing...

LOL.

Dude, almost the same exact thing happened to me this past weekend. We were doing a follow-up to this guy who was stung thousands of times by some Africanized Killer Honey Bee's. While out a bee-farm, I thought it'd be a good idea to stick my LAV close to one of the hives. So, I start rolling, set the mic up, walk back...and about ten seconds later you can hear me scream like a little girl....the bastard flew straight into my ear and stung me, OUCH!!! However, it was hilarious upon further review...I want to somehow get the audio burned onto a cd so I can send a copy of the file to my friends...it's too priceless not to.

Sharp Shooter

Sat at the Rogers Cup all day waiting for interviews for games that have ended.

Yaaaaaawn! Someone wake me when their ready!

S.S.

Canonman

Deft Depth said:
the bastard flew straight into my ear and stung me, OUCH!!!
I had beehives when I lived in a more rural setting. Just to set the record straight, it was "that bitch" who stung you. Male honey bees, also known as drones, have no stinger. The queen has one, but never leaves the hive except for her mating flight and will only sting rival queens.

Sorry to hear you got stung, but I'd take that over a wasp anyday whose venom is 200 times more potent than a honeybee.

cm

Sharp Shooter

Canonman said:
Just to set the record straight, it was "that bitch" who stung you. Male honey bees, also known as drones, have no stinger. The queen has one, but never leaves the hive except for her mating flight and will only sting rival queens.

Sorry to hear you got stung, but I'd take that over a wasp anyday whose venom is 200 times more potent than a honeybee.

cm

Wow! Dude you should work with National Geographic! :)

See! You do learn something new everyday, even here in this forum!
:p

S.S.

BluesDaddy

...did shooting, editing AND uplinking. Not sure how I feel about being two people while uplinking. I know there is some debate about whether it is legit. (In this case I was within 30 feet of the truck and could easily check TX levels and hear the phone.) It is very cool to know I can pull it off, anyway.

phere126

BluesDaddy said:
...did shooting, editing AND uplinking. Not sure how I feel about being two people while uplinking. I know there is some debate about whether it is legit. (In this case I was within 30 feet of the truck and could easily check TX levels and hear the phone.) It is very cool to know I can pull it off, anyway.
Dude your station has just abused you totally. You are right about the debate on legitimacy, i've never read anywhere that it's not supposed to go down that way but I was always told tht it is against FCC regulations.

BluesDaddy

Yeah, there is definitely an attitude of "why send two people when we can send one." I'm always asking for a second crew person on these gigs. The ND is fairly sympathetic, so I hope to make progress in the right direction.

RichVid

...Rolled up on a fully involved commercial building fire... Pumping out smoke and fire like a big motor was inside... Had cam and safety gear... But ALSO, had my two little kids in the car with me... Oh well...Not much else to do but drive home after watching some of the action from afar along the perimeter... There was really no way to go in and shoot it and keep eyes on a two year old and a four year old (obviously!)...Competition showed up about 45 mins later I'm told and got some smaller flames...

woodsiecam

good call

RichVid said:
...Rolled up on a fully involved commercial building fire... Pumping out smoke and fire like a big motor was inside... Had cam and safety gear... But ALSO, had my two little kids in the car with me... Oh well...Not much else to do but drive home after watching some of the action from afar along the perimeter... There was really no way to go in and shoot it and keep eyes on a two year old and a four year old (obviously!)...Competition showed up about 45 mins later I'm told and got some smaller flames...
good call, did the right thing. no reason to endanger your kids for a fire that everyone will forget about in a week.

krazycamera

...Shot a wearable art parade, beautiful day in the sun, parade led by these 'Samba' girls shaking what they got, wearing very little.

Sometimes I hate this job

Gosh

ewink

...started blogging again! In case anyone cares.

I was also at a story that was on the CNN front page, which I think is cool for some reason. I also met a new radio lady. Between her and the other news radio lady that usually shows up on spot news here in town, I wondered why girls who looked like them were never in my college radio classes!

Alas, I have no pictures as I was half asleep and didn't think of it for some reason. D'oh! Flog away.

Sportsguy

Amish Paradise

...Spent another 12 hours at the scene of the Amish school massacre. That's close to 24 total hours in 2 days.

Can I go home now?

Chuxty

I shot my first full package on my own today. It was about the U.S. Mexico border fence. Even caught an illegal about to attempt a crossing but guess he thought twice when he saw us taping him! :p