Timecode Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

<Equipment???>

I'm looking for an odd piece of equipment but I'm not sure if it exists. Does anyone know of a device out there that you could theoretically plug-in to your camera and be able to read the timecode? Maybe something from the TC-Out to a "black box" with even something as simple as an LCD?

Any help is appreciated.

W

<WHIZkid>

My camera has an option in the menue that I can turn it on in the viewfinder. When I see the numbers rolling, I know the tape is moving! (I don't trust the "litle red light", I've had cameras whare that thing has lied to me!)

Dedline

either you can display timecode in your viewfinder (may be an option in your menu settings) or if you want to see timecode while ur playing back tape or logging in the camera, I dont know of anything except perhaps the link posted earlier. our reporters just look at the TC display on the side. its a pain but better than nothing.

cameragod

Most new cameras have a Monitor out that shows what you see in the viewfinder. I take the minidv I keep in the car for tight driving shots etc and plug it into the Monitor out and give it to the reporter so they can see the time code and the shot.

J

<Jim K.>

You can do the same thing completely untethered (no wires!) with www.Shotwatcher.com I don't shoot wthi reporters but clients and producers dig it.

Jim

I

imported_blank

Originally posted by cameragod:
I take the minidv I keep in the car for tight driving shots etc and plug it into the Monitor out and give it to the reporter so they can see the time code and the shot.
Finally a good use for the handycams, once again you are the man CG :)

--------------------
"A Cameraman without a handycam to monitor TC is just an uncontroled-tracker-man."

Status
Not open for further replies.