This PKG IS For Critique...

svp

Newsman,

I wouldn't worry too much about what everyone else on here says. Before posting any comments, I went to broll.tv and wanted to watch stories by Nno, AB, and Cameradog so I could compare their work to the suggestions and comments they made on your story. Guess what? They have no stories posted!

I found that kind of odd. If you want to tear a person down for their work, at least post great work of your own to back up your talent and 20 or 30 years in the business doesn't mean you are a talented photographer. There are plenty of photogs out there with 2 to 5 years experience that can blow most 25 year vets out of the water.

I ask for critiques from time to time and value others opinions. But before I take those suggestions to heart, I search broll.tv for videos from those posters. I want to see examples so I know that YOU know what the hell YOU'RE talking about. I suggest some of you put your video where your mouth is. Show newsman, and myself for that matter, why we should listen to you at all.

I'll go one further. I'm not a fan of MR or his VJ crap, but some of you consitently rip him and his VJ method without giving examples of how YOUR stuff is any better.

I think everyone should lay off of newsman. The story wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either. He was looking for suggestions on how to make it better, not ignorant a$$ comments.

Last edited:

redcoat

Newsman, I don't think you should feel so discouraged that you can't post videos in the future. If it was an honest misunderstanding as you say, then to me, that's more than enough of a reason to not give my false perceptions a second thought. If I've learned anything in my short time in this business, it's that it's important to be able to let things slide. Don't let people hold you back.