The Point = Stupid Sinclair

• Thread starter <Sinclairhater>
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

<Sinclairhater>

Tonight, following a sinclair newscast, Mark Hyman of "The Point", Sinclairs comentary segment following newscasts on sunday night reported on the liberal slant of Peter Jennings and how that no newscaster could be trusted. Mind you, this aired following an ABC affilates 11pm cast. What the heck is sinclair thinking, blasting a network that their station is affilated with.

Raiderfan

All I know is this guy just spouts off at the mouth, gets paid for it, and the viewers hate it. We have gotten so many calls to take that schlub off, but hands are tied, it's a Sinclair call. We happen to be an ABC/FOX produced newscast and it ran on the FOX station, so not as bad as it being on your own network.

B

<Bad Company>

More proof that Sinclair does not care about its local tv stations. They are trying to destroy democracy in every way possible. If they don't agree with a position they try to destroy it instead of trying to protect americans right to say what ever they believe. Sinclair is just as bad or worse than the liberal media since they persent their own personal adgenda so strongly. It is also strange they are biting the hand that feeds them. Again more proof that they do not know how to run television stations. And thats the point.

mac

I have to agree with all of the previous postings, I work at a CBS affiliate and it's frustrating that we have to give up time in our local newscast just so this blowhard can spout off about whatever he wants. As others have said it continues to show that Sinclair does not know how to run local television. :confused:

Terry E. Toller

All he did is report about two senior journalists from ABC who claim Jennings changed their stories to match his liberal agenda. I did not hear him say that "no" journalist could be believed or trusted.

Jennings was in Sacramento recently reporting on the budget crisis and education in California. There was no question that he helped Davis side step the truth about the issues. He did play it in the middle a couple of times but for the most part, he seemed to back a governor who ran this state into a 31 Billion dollar debt. I'll bet it turns out to be more like 85 to 100 billion when the smoke clears.

T

<The Point>

Nobody is saying that what was 'reported' was not the truth or that he called ALL journalist liberals... the point is Sinclair is bashing the network. For example, following the ABC local newscast, sinclair is bashing ABC... funny if you ask me.

Y

<Yogi>

Terry - I know you have consevative views (at least I think so) and I TOTALLY respect that. But why in the hell would you defend, "The Point Guy"? Are you kidding me? The guys a facist scum. You know? Sh!t, I am pretty much middle of the road when it comes to politics. But I tend to be librel(sp?) when it comes to social and domestic issues. I also from time to time listen to Rush and Mike Savage. Along with Art Bell and NPR - heh, heh. Well I guess not Art Bell, he is off the air now. But, "Coast to Coast AM!" Anyway, I also tend to read the New York Times and the Economist. So I am pretty eclectic(sp?) when it comes to politics and social issues. But this "Point" guy and the whole Sinclair corporation is barbaric and nauseous(sp?). I worked for a Sinclair Station a couple of years ago and it was very depressing being there. And this "Point Guy" is just a wanna-be demagogue - who likes to conjure up hate. The guy and the company suck...Big time.

It's funny when I worked at the Sinclair station we used to have a bet how many head turns to the camera, the "Point Guy" would do. We counted 9 on one spot. Sinclair must of paid for some conultants to work on that joke. If you saw the very first Godforsaken segment compared to now you would see an incrediable difference in production value. What a waste of light bulbs.

But to give Sinclair a hairs worth of credit - WE ARE talking about the guy. So they accomplished there means with shallow marketing.

Sorry for the spelling Brothers and Sisters. I'm God awful at spelling. Thanks :D

Terry E. Toller

yogi
I guess I am just focused on the bias of the media these days. I just read "The Bias against Guns" by John Lott Jr. A very good read!

I am setting out to criss cross the country to shoot a documentary about the legal use of firearms in America by law abiding citizens. I'll bet you didn't know that firearms are used for self-defense over 2,000,000 times a year in this country. That's because self-defense use of firearms is usually considered 'not newsworthy'!

If the Point appeared on an ABC station, yes, that would have been funny! I saw it on a CBS station and agreed with it.

If you have been in the business very long at all, you know first hand that the media holds back information that usually binifits conservative agendas and pushes stories that boost liberal agendas. Subtle ways of writing a story or even the video that is shown from time to time. Not always and not at all stations but it does happen frequently.

The night some guy tried to carjack me the call on the police scanner was, "Carjacking at Arden and Del Paso, Shots fired, man down." Every station in town called me all excited when they thought some poor motorist was shot and his car stolen. They ALL wanted the story for their morning lead. BUT, when they learned that the motorist was able to defend himself and his property ($20,000 camera incluede), it became "NOT newsworthy".

My theory is that the media is biased against firearms so, they can't tell a story that shows firearms in a good light.

And then there was the Monica thing. The media became obsessed with the 'SEX' angle and forgot about all the other things that were going on. I assure you that if Bush ever gets involved in the things like Clinton was, the media would hang him out to day!

I used to produce a monthly public access program called, "Sacramento in Crisis". It dealt with issues of crime and a crooked Sheriff in Sacramento. Every month I would point out how the sheriff was abusing his authority. One month, he took a chance and stood up for his deputies after an incident where deputies had to pepper spray a bunch of high school students during a riot. I gave the sheriff a pat on the back on my program for his act. It was obvious to all that I hated the guy but for once, he did something good and I felt I owed it to the viewers to discuss it. Fairness is necessary if you want to be a journalist. Even when you have to be fair with someone you hate!

Yogi

Rock on, Terry! I hope I did not offend you with the last message. It's just that guy burns me and has hate in his eyes.
I hate the media to be honest with you. Sensational bullsh!t. Thats all they care about and thats all they cover. I totally agree with that.
I figure I justify my career by being one of the "good-ones". When I shoot I try to tell an honest and ethical story with my images. I try to carry myself in a way that puts people at ease and try not to be a "typical" news person. I'll tell you what though, it is getting harder and harder to do this everyday. Not that I don't like the work. Sh!t...I love to shoot and edit. Just like how I love to shoot stills, work in the darkroom and custom mat and frame my photos. But the business kills me sometimes. The economy sucks right now and it's risky and hard to make a move. Plus I need a paycheck every week. But the time will come when I will be working for myself someday.
Well I ranted long enough. But I still can't stand that facist scum, point guy.
Peace :cool:

B

<Believe>

To Terry E. Toller,
I have just lost all the respect that I had for you Terry. I appreciate you advice on photography but when you can defend an ass hole like hyman it shows the type of person you are.
Well how come the news medium has not hung "dubya' out to dry for an "oil" war that was not needed. Where are weapons of mas destruction etc, etc. This is not the first time time on you Terry..... are you going to take your "white bedsheet and mask" with you on the cross country documentary trip just in case you come across some of your friends in S.Carolina ?

Y

<Yawn>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Terry E. Toller,
I have just lost all the respect that I had for you Terry. I appreciate you advice on photography but when you can defend an ass hole like hyman it shows the type of person you are.
Well how come the news medium has not hung "dubya' out to dry for an "oil" war that was not needed. Where are weapons of mas destruction etc, etc. This is not the first time time on you Terry..... are you going to take your "white bedsheet and mask" with you on the cross country documentary trip just in case you come across some of your friends in S.Carolina ?

How come you people who suposedly make your living in a job that lives and dies from free speach are so upset to hear someone say something you disagree with? To "Believe" why do you not think Terry should have the right to think and say what he Believes? I think it shows a very closed mind from you to get into all the "white bedsheet and mask" crap. Terry has a right to his opinion just as you have a right to yours. Name calling is just childish. I don't always agree with some of the thigs Terry says but at least he just stats points and doesn't resort to name calling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.