Tapeless panasonic cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedline

All I know is Panasonic seems pretty scary right now, with all their job cuts, repairs take forever and I thought their R&D div was kaput.
Of course this is all hearsay, haven't spoken to anyone directly. Just thought they were riding DVCPro and trying to get their High Def act together.

M

<Memo>

If you are a chief photog and your ND comes and asks you what format would you want to invest for the next 5-10 years what would you say to him?
We are a DVC pro station. Should we go ahead and get new DVC pro cameras or switch to a newer tapeless format? :confused:

D

<denver>

We are being told that this will be our new format, along with a server based editing system.
CBS has done the research, and seems to like this camera and format very much. I like the idea of tapeless recording. I just hope it holds up to news gathering abuse.

adam

there's a decent review of the panasonic display of their new format at www.dvformat.com . You may have to dig a little, it was part of their NAB coverage. It's a good site in general, there's also an interview with Panasonics VP of of marketing (I think its marketing anyway), he discusses some new dvcpro products forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.