Slamming Local TeeVee News

pre-set

I couldn't get through that. The guy's writing style is too damn flighty and paranthetical. Plus, his name is "Squid" for fawks sake... How can you take anything written by someone called Squid seriously?

But yeah, mostly, local news is chessy and stupid. Network is stiff and biased. That's your choices, folks. Chessy and stupid or stiff and biased.

I'll take chessy and stupid....

Freddie Mercury

That was WAY too long. After the second day I had to just scroll down for the punchline, which wasn't much of one. I've never seen San Francisco TV, but it couldn't be as bad as that article.

micaelb

Screw Squid

SurfAwave69, it looks to me like Squid's thing is to try to get people to read him by being an ass. It still pisses you off when he slams your work to whoever it is that reads his crap but don't sweat it too much.

Do good work and ignore him. Or, if you get him in an actual paper form use it to paper train your dog...or line your bird cage...or to wrap the squid you get at the fish market.

NEWSSHOOTER3

What the fu*k is a newspaper? Is that the thingy with the news that Drudge had two, or more, days ago? The thing that I put at the bottom of my dog's travel pen? Oh... that thing that that dude uses to wash my windows when I don't want him to... or pay him to do? Or, is it that place where all those hanis liberal chicks work with the notepads? Humm... newspaper...?

shootercub

Looks like a desperate attempt by a local newspaper writer to justify his career...

Doesn't he know that newspapers, in their current format, are more irrelevant than ever?

rocky1138

so I think it is often kinda dumb when local media covers other local media, but I do think that critics can sometimes help improve whatever topic they're b****ing about

although, that article, almost 200 times was "Squid" used. when you pay your rent by writing, learn to write. that was painful to read so much third person