rendering problems (FCP)

TexasDave

I always seem to have rendering issues... but here's what is happening to me now.

I'm trying to export (using compressor), and every time I try, I get an error in FCP that "some files went offline - render files".

I've tried everything I could thing of. I've rendered, I've re-rendered, I've deleted all render files and started over - nothing.

The render folders are names right and in the right place. I even took the tower to an Apple store for tech support, and they agreed everything looked good, as far as folder names/placement. They didn't know what was going on either.

So when I try to reconnect the media after the error message pops up, I get another message that says "there are no clips selected that have files associated with them". I've even used the render manager, deleted the clips, and re-rendered.

Nothing seems to work. What makes it more puzzling is that the audio render folder keeps popping up in the trash. I've moved it to the right place, and poof - it appears in the trash bin again. And some other render files seem to be going there instead of the render folder.

So how do I remedy this? I tried deleted all the render folders, and that didn't help. I'm going to try it again in a few minutes, just in case.

When I go into File/Reconnect media, I get a bunch of render files missing, along with a bunch of my media files listed under 'online'.

If I reconnect the online files, I have to render, and the whole thing starts over again. There is no red render bar in the timeline. The video plays audio and video just fine - just can't export. Any ideas?

zac love

(Not the best workflow option, but if it works, it works...)

This is what I'm thinking:

1. Export your timeline in the native format. Export -> Quicktime Movie (NOT Quicktime conversion)

2. Bring the exported movie directly into Compressor.

Render files shouldn't be an issue with this workflow, but it will probably take more time than if you could export through Compressor. Although this will take less time than running into errors over & over on Compressor.