Quarterly Update

sjensen

We have a fantastic 2007 coming together! Six regions are complete through the second quarter. And there’s some great competition!

Region 3— John Anglim leads four others who are all within eight points.

Region 5— Andy Shilts leads four others who are all within FOUR points!

Region 6—a surge of entries from folks who didn’t even enter the first quarter took points away from the leaders. Kenny Hamilton and Jonathan Samuels each stole 11 points and are actually within RPOY striking distance if their 3rd and 4th quarters live up to their 2nd. Just imagine what could have been if they entered in the 1st quarter.

Region 8—perennial favorites Todd Rogenthien and Doug Burgess are slugging it out! They’re separated by two points. Todd tells me his entries for the 3rd quarter are questionable. Doug…how about you? You guys only have a few days left!

Region 10—Geoff Levine is the run away leader…but wait he left the region! There’s new life for the next FOURTEEN! They’re all within 8 points. RPOY is totally up for grabs! Even Nino could take it!

Region 11—who cares about R11? Hillwig left KTUU in August. Jensen’s a has-been. Austin will win his 117th RPOY.

There are only a few more 2nd quarter categories left to come in. If you guys have them, GET ‘EM DONE! We’re all waiting! Good luck in the 3rd and 4th quarters!

https://www.nppa.org/competitions/quarterly_clip_contests/TV_regional/

--scott

Baltimore's Finest Fotog

Just wanted to congratulate you guys on doing a great job keeping the site up-to-date - that's not to say Todd didn't do a fine job, but you all certainly were put under the microscope after things went the way they did before he resigned. Keep up the great work...

tresbeez

Region 6—a surge of entries from folks who didn’t even enter the first quarter took points away from the leaders. Kenny Hamilton and Jonathan Samuels each stole 11 points and are actually within RPOY striking distance if their 3rd and 4th quarters live up to their 2nd. Just imagine what could have been if they entered in the 1st quarter.

https://www.nppa.org/competitions/quarterly_clip_contests/TV_regional/

--scott

Really? i dont think anyone "stole" points away from me. why not congratulate some of the new people that are finally placing in these contests. i have been entering for almost three years and now i am finally on top. i'm sorry but your comment about region 6 just struck a nerve with me. it just comes across as everyone else isnt good enough.

sjensen

I'm sorry you took offense to my comments. Perhaps I was remiss in not mentioning the leader of Region 6. Aubrey Bruce of WTVD ABC-11/Durham, NC is currently leading by 5 points. Way to go Aubrey!

Just like any other editorial decision maker I try to highlight what I think is the most interesting aspect of any given story. I thought it curious that Kenny and Jon didn't even enter the 1st quarter but came back strong in the 2nd. And they have the experience and skills to keep going strong if that's what they choose to do.

(I should take the opportunity to correct one mistake here...Jon Samuels "stole" 10 points...not 11.)

Additional Note: Region 4's 2nd quarter results are in too. 48 Hr Feature is in the final stages of approval. Check out the website in the next few days. The race is tight there too.

Keep up the good work everyone!