Quarter one results

Lost in Alaska

Any word on results for Q1? It is almost deadline for Q2 and there is nothing for regions 2, 3 or 11. This seems to be one reason people don't want to enter any more.

sjensen

results are coming

As many of you know, I am new and getting up to speed. We have several new regional chairs too. Unfortunately there's a small lag for 1st Quarter 2007. Three of R2's categories are in. All results for R3 are in. R10 general news is completed. R11 spot and feature are in. All of these results should be verified and posted by the national office tomorrow or Monday.

In Depth for R9 and R11 should be announced next week along with the remaining R2 category. I'm hopeful nearly all 1st quarter results will be finished soon. It's likely R11's general news will be delayed.

This is a community contest. I know many who post here serve as judges. Thank you. However, I've heard from some of the regional chairs that getting judges to follow through on their commitment in a timely manner is sometimes difficult.

I've asked them not to use those folks as judges anymore.

We all want results to come in as quickly as possible. That means when we judge we should complete the task as quickly as possible. Thank you so much to the majority of you who do just that. If you haven't judged and would like to do your part, please volunteer. You can have your station take just one or two categories. Call your regional chair or call me. Let us know. It's not that difficult. And it's educational at the same time.

This is the greatest contest for television photojournalists. It deserves our best effort. Please join me in helping it live up to its potential. Thanks.

--scott
sjensen@ktuu.com
907-440-9202

Lost in Alaska

Scott,

Thanks for the info. I knew you were new to your chair as well as a few others, so you will have some kinks to work out. Hopefully we can start to get this turned around faster.

PhrozenPhoto

Just FYI Region 10's Spot and General are done. I should be hearing from my judge(s) on the outstanding categories any day now, I believe they are just tallying up/verifying the winners, then I send them to Scott, they do their membership verification voodoo and it is released to the world on another website I guess.