Production Monitor

Focused

Looking for recommendation for a field monitor. Not top of the line OLED but good image for clients. Should have paid better attention at NAB...

Looking for 17" or larger, with SDI and HDMI loop thru, AC/DC power options.
Internal functions like false color, peaking and waveform are nice but not required.

Finding only a handful for under $3K (IKAN and JVC). Did these go out of style or am I asking for too much?

Focused

If I read that right, only one model is allowed for sale outside of Europe.
That cant be right.

Run&Gun

Maybe it's just me, or the monitors that I've seen in the field in person, BUT I have not been impressed with the image on FSI monitors compared to my calibrated Sony 17" OLED. The FSI's just seems flat and a little soft. Granted the guys I know with FSI Monitors have LCD panels and not OLED, but still...

Douglas

I know what you mean. I have friend who has a Flanders that he thinks is the best monitor ever, but I don't think the picture compares at all to my 17" Sony OLED. In fact, when I'm not using the Sony in the field, it is my grading monitor for Resolve.

Focused

Is the IKAN VX17e worth a look?

I saw a demo recently with the 21 inch IKAN models and they performed pretty well considering the cost range.

Tv Shooter

If I read that right, only one model is allowed for sale outside of Europe.
That cant be right.
Call them and check. One of my friends got an OLED after IBC last year.
I still like mine quite a lot. Yes it's LCD, but it looks great. It also did not cost as much as an OLED. Possibly I may move to an OLED in the near future, but for now, the FSI is a solid performer. Their OLED monitors are very good, but as with any OLED, they're more expensive.