Photographers pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbone

I am just wondering why the pay for good photographers so low....the theroy about just poingting and shooting. but does anyone think that we are getting the shaft...i am not into this job for all the money in the world but man we bust our buts work under all kinds of conditions and we dont get diddly...sometimes i think that even thought i get satifation everyday because i do what i love to do what the heck am i going to do when i cant even pay the freaking rent....i know i should think this way but look at some of the reporters that you work with. you know your way more needed to your ND but the reporter gets paid twice what you get....i am just wondering what everyone thinks about this situation...thanks

David R. Busse

This business is like baseball.

Big money is in the big leagues. That's why news photographers need to move to bigger markets if they want to make bigger money.

Use your experience in smaller markets to gain experience. Learn everything you can about your craft of shooting and editing. Learn all you can about the technical side of the business. Learn microwave and satellite trucks. Work your butt off.

But don't expect to get rich in the minor leagues. Move up to make more money. That's just a fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.