NPPA Style???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

<IHOPEIGOTIT>

What does it mean when you photogs make references to NPPA style shooting? Hell, what is NPPA style shooting? I'm aware of the organization but always thought of it as a "proper ethics" in journalism group more than a shooting standard. Can anyone clarify the term NPPA style?

AKinDC

There's been about a thousand discussions on this topic over the last few months in the General Discussion and NPPA areas. I suggest going back a little and checking them out.

B

<Beef>

There is a hwole forum on the NPPA when you first log into the messege board.

N

<nppa>

NPPA style for the most part is staging and wasting alot of time setting up the tripod during spot news.

L

<Long Shot>

I belong to the NPPA because my station pays for us to belong. But I think the NPPA has alot of problems to deal with besides "style." I think alot of them need to check their attitudes and favoritisms.

ravenm

generally speaking....lots of tight shots, lots of quick edits...

it's just a style, not a way of life. i find that nppa style works for some stories, not for others. just don't submit the one's that it doesn't work for any kind of award.

N

<NATS>

There is no NPPA style. If you read or listen to what most people say about NPPA style you will notice them stress story telling shots. Video that tells a story and get your sequences.

I am not saying this to fight with anyone. I am just saying let your video tell a story.

ShootThis

(Nats)
(Interview 1 audio)
(reporter audio)
(nats)
(nats)
(Interview 1 audio)
(nats)
(reporter audio)
(nats)
(nats)
(interview 3)